View Single Post
      08-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #8
js 84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 2012 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEBPEME View Post
As a matter a fact, one company i found is providing various options and one of them is a complete ECU remap, custom made for each car. They say they are first "reading" my particular ECU and doing the mapping according to it. They also provide a warranty, which can't be bad. The guy told me i should get around 20-25% performance gain which sounds phenomenal and the price should be around 450$ so do you think this is valid or they are just a bunch of frauds? Unfortunately, i cannot speak for United States since i live in Serbia so perhaps prices are different but how does this sound to you? I mean what they told me.

Cheers
Hi. 20-25% gain sounds about right. I did ecu remap 2 times. First was with reputable company, they said it should be ~225hp but they did not have dyno. Had the tune for 2 years and ~100k km with no problems. At the moment I have 225k km on odometer. I am driving ~50k km per year.
Just 3 months ago I decided to dyno my car. The result was 197hp for the first tune. The guy doing the dyno was also specializing in ecu remaps and does remaps for racing cars and said that safely he could get it up to 225 and smoothen the torque and power curve as there was slight dip around 3500 rpm.
So I went for 2nd remap. The result was 224hp and 459 nm. I felt significant difference between 1st and 2nd remap. And now I can rev higher as the power does not die at 4200 rpm. Now it still pulls to 4800 rpm. If you do it right the first time you will definitely feel the difference. I tested the 0-100 km/h times for stock/1st remap/2nd remap. Managed to get it down to 6.2 sec from 7.4 sec stock.
Had the tune for 2 months and ~10k km with no issues.

My takeaway from this experience is to go to reputable shop which can do dyno before and after.

In Latvia the price is ~250-350 USD. So a little bit cheaper.
Appreciate 0