11-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #34
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirulove View Post
I've been told mine will arrive before the end of the year which I am hesitant about. I ordered last Thursday (08/11/2012) as my BMW dealership (Park Lane London) said factory lead time was 6-8 weeks and in order to get the 3.9% apr deal they have on diesel cars at the moment it needs to be registered before the 31st of December. Thought it was a sales tactic at first but after checking the BMW website and reading the T&C's, it is true.

Trying to not get my hopes up but they are assuring me it will be here.
I've also been told that they had to order my 330D M Sport (F30) earlier this week to aim for a "December delivery", and also the same with the 3.9%apr, that the car had to be registered by the end of the year to get the finance deal we'd agreed. I do think it's a bit optimistic, but I'll know more when BMW confirm an estimated build date/week I guess. Re. the apr offer, they've also said that if the car is delayed into January, that the apr deal may change, which I find a bit strange - we've agreed all the figures, and I've signed the finance documents, so how could something that is out of both mine and the dealer's control, affect the finance for the car? Surely once it's been agreed and signed, that should be it, regardless of whether there's been an uncontrollable delay from BMW? Fingers crossed for delivery in December, but I'm not getting my hopes up!
Appreciate 0