View Single Post
      12-10-2019, 12:00 AM   #1
SC_B5X
Built Motor F30 340i
Rep
Drives: Built Motor 2016 BMW 340i

Official B58 HPFP Options

Official B58 HPFP Options Thread

There's a lot of talk on HPFP upgrades recently and I think it'd be worth making a dedicated thread to discuss them and also show everyone what is currently available and where you can buy them from.
HDP5 Evo (Stock B58 HPFP)

The HDP5 Evo is the HPFP the B58 comes with stock. It's an upgraded version of the N55 HPFP (HDP5). The stock HPFP isn't capable of maxing out the stock turbo without supplemental fueling such as WMI, CPI, PI, etc.
1. HDP6 (B58TU "Supra" HPFP)

The HDP6 is the stock B58TU (Supra) and it flows a lot more fuel than the stock pump. So far there is about a dozen people (that I know of) running it including Pure Turbo, they have tested their new Pure 800 turbo up to 603whp/702wtq on 93oct.

PNP: Somewhat. Requires extending the wiring harness to reach the connector.

Possible Concerns/Drawbacks:

1. This Pump Is Designed To Operate At Double Ours (5000+PSI): This has also been told to me from Frank @ TTFS/XDI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR
I think it's important to include that the pressure relief valve (pressure regulator) for HDP6 is fixed at 400 bar and although the tuning of the fuel quantity control valve via PWM signal can target 200 bar (2900 PSI) there may be instances where pressure far exceeds that, potentially over 5800 PSI.

Our HDEV 5.2 injectors are designed for 200 bar

Both XDI-35 and Dorch Stage 1 have a 2900 PSI design and matched pressure relief valve
Is this True? Yes; but I have not heard of anyone's pumps failing or causing damage to their B58. Will update if anything changes.

2. Can Cause Damage To Cam Follower: There is a Facebook user on B58 Enthusiasts saying that after 2000km his B58TU pump caused damage to his cam follower and resulted in metal in the oil pan.

Is This True? Unknown, but doubtful. He has not provided any proof of this or any further details to back up his claims. The only reason I am mentioning it is I feel as if everyone should have information available so they can draw their own conclusions. I personally do not think this will be an issue as i've heard nothing but success stories from people who have been running this pump.

Where To Buy:
1. MRM Performance - B58TU HPFP
2. Get BMW Parts - B58TU HPFP
3. Williams Performance - B58TU HPFP
4. Probably any Toyota Dealership

DIY:

Big thanks to kern417 for providing the community with a DIY video.
2. Dorch Engineering Stage 1/2 HPFP

Photo Credit: My Personal 340i‎

Dorch Engineering has released their Stage 1/2 HPFP’s for the B58 (as well as N55) at very affordable pricing. Based on the data they have provided their Stage 1 pump will offer similar performance to the B58TU pump, while their Stage 2 will offer people who are looking for even more power a great option.

Logs:

These are my personal logs after installing the DE Stage 1 HPFP, this is a custom E50 Tune by Wedge, Dyno’d at 470WHP/520WTQ

Wedge E50 V6 3rd Gear (Dorch HPFP)
Wedge E50 V6 5th Gear Dyno

Logs on Pure800:

These are also some logs of my current progress on the Pure 800 on E40.

Wedge E40 V1.5 Pure800 3rd & 4th Gear Logs

**I will update when more information becomes available**

PNP: Yes - Dorch provides a wiring harness extension that just plugs right in and MHD/BM3 both provide a Flash Option that loads the pump calibration.

Where To Buy:
1. Dorch Engineering Stage 1 HPFP
2. Dorch Engineering Stage 2 HPFP

My Personal Thoughts:

My thoughts on the Dorch Stage 1 HPFP so far:

I would highly recommend this pump to anyone who is looking to get more power out of their stock turbo or upgraded turbo. We were able to push my stock turbo 340i to 470WHP/520WTQ using this pump, which I believe we could have pushed more if it weren’t for the fact my spark plugs were messed up (which I discovered a week after the dyno session).

I’d highly recommend the Stage 1 HPFP to anyone planning to use pump gas on upgraded turbo (I have the Pure800), but if you plan to run heavy E85 Mix’s (E40,E50,E60+) i’d recommend the Stage 2 pump which I am waiting to be delivered.

Dyno Results:

Here are my dyno results from using the DE Stage 1 on E50. Pump still had plenty of headroom.

Wedge E50 V6 5th Gear Dyno
3. XDI/TTFS XDI-35 HPFP

Photo Credit: Facebook B58 Enthusiast User Sabastian Mcnett‎

XDI is a well known player in the HPFP game, they offered the XDI-35 for the N55 with great results. They now have a B58 XDI-35 that is currently in development and hasn't been released yet, but if you contact them directly you can purchase a pre-release pump.

PNP: Yes. MHD/BM3(?) Flash Option for XDI HPFP.

Where To Buy:
1. Contact XDI/TTFS via E-Mail
4. Spool Performance HPFP

From Spools Website:
Quote:
The FX-150 is an upgraded high-pressure fuel pump for the F series N55 and B58 motors. The pump features a bigger bore size than stock that translates into roughly 50% more flow when compared to stock. The pump is completely E85 compatible and fully plug and play with no cutting or splicing of any kind required. The added flow will let you run much higher ethanol concentrations and also allow fueling for bigger turbos.
PNP: No - Requires a custom tune to load pump calibration.

Where To Buy:
1. Spool FX-150

I will be updating this thread as more options become available. If I left anything out or you feel like I should add something, feel free to post or shoot me a private message. I'll be happy to add more information.

Latest Update: 02/06/2020 @ 5:47PM
- Dorch pumps are now fully Plug N Play, MHD/BM3 both have flash options.
- Fixed link to Spool HPFP (Accidently linked to N55 pump, fixed now)

Previous Updates:
02/06/2020 @ 12:09AM
- Updated Dorch Engineering HPFP Section (Revised description, personal thoughts, and logs)
- Updated Spool Performance HPFP Section

1/09/2020 @ 2:36AM
- Updated Dorch Engineering HPFP Section with Dyno Results
- Updated Spool Performance HPFP Section

Last edited by SC_B5X; 01-02-2024 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 15