12-11-2019, 05:12 AM   #20
Martijn
N54 pure stage 2
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_B5X View Post
Official B58 HPFP Options Thread

2. Can Cause Damage To Cam Follower: There is a Facebook user on B58 Enthusiasts saying that after 2000km his B58TU pump caused damage to his cam follower and resulted in metal in the oil pan.

Is This True? Unknown, but doubtful. He has not provided any proof of this or any further details to back up his claims. The only reason I am mentioning it is I feel as if everyone should have information available so they can draw their own conclusions. I personally do not think this will be an issue as i've heard nothing but success stories from people who have been running this pump.
Checked my camfollower today after running the b58tu pump for a couple of months at 485whp with e30,
The camfollower looks fine, no damage. I think the damage this guy had was caused by a install error.
I can confirm I never had a single problem with the pump, it always performed like expected.

The b58tu pump works at around 3200psi taper to 2900psi. This is on e30. It just follows the target provided by the ecu. It never goes higher.

Last edited by Martijn; 12-11-2019 at 05:26 AM..
Appreciate 1