09-24-2019, 05:15 PM   #2
MineralF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clor View Post
Hi guys,

I have a 2014 435iX F32 and I got a Drivetrain Malfunction for the code: 11A002 (Fuel Pressure Below Target) and 11AC02 (high-pressure fuel system, cold start: pressure too low)

Mods:
Aftermarket Chargepipe
JB4
CL Downpipe.

I can't tell if I need a new HPFP for the gas tank or the one that is inline with the direct injection in the engine bay. It starts up fine, I will get the error code as I'm driving off, it will put me in "limp mode". I try to erase it (Jb4) while I'm driving as well and it just comes back on.

Could anyone steer me in the right direction? I'm really hoping it's the one in my gas tank. Or if anyone knows how I can tell the difference of the issue between the HPFP in my gas tank and the HPFP inline with the direct injection inside the engine bay.

Kind regards.
Basically, the pump in the tank is the LPFP (low pressure fuel pump) and the one in the engine bay is the HPFP.

I had similar codes relating to fuel pressure for months and it ended up being my Walbro 450 LPFP. I did replace my HPFP before that and it didn't fix it, so I'd say replace the pump in the tank first and see if that fixes it.
Appreciate 0