View Single Post
      09-19-2018, 02:29 AM   #921
T88BOB
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Gran Coupe Black Sap

440i GC MPPSK

Hi all, have read various bits of this thread and agree/disagree equally.

So here's my take.

I have owned Persephone (a 'pretty' loaded GC (RRP £60k for previous owner)) for 18 months with the DTUK tuning kit on it, tested on a rolling road to around 380BHP! It really is that good.

The MPPSK was the one modification I really wanted and finally succumbed a month ago. I ran it for 3 weeks prior and post without the DTUK chip.

With the MPPSK, without a doubt, the car pulls better, faster, sweeter, significantly so.

With the chip back on, it's blistering, power delivery not as smooth if I'm honest, but my goodness, it pushes one back in the chair, and the front visibly goes up! It must be pushing well over 400bhp and probably over 420.

The sound is incredible, I smile every journey, even when stuck on the M42/M5. The burbles and pops are wonderful and when I finally master the extreme acceleration bangs, I will be a happy middle aged yob!.

Like others, I wish (or my wife wishes) that it had a quieter start-up at 5.30AM .

There is occasional evidence of droning at certain speeds (eco/comfort) but only just noticeable.

For sure this is an expensive upgrade, but it's made a wonderful car even better.

I can drive it around and not be noticed, or with the flick of a button, people within a mile radius will take for cover from the thunder.
Does anyone want to buy a standard 440i exhaust :-)

Last edited by T88BOB; 09-20-2018 at 05:28 AM..
Appreciate 1
Beek707.00