08-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #33
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra99 View Post
Wow, it's amazing how quickly the manufacturers come out with these products to be first out in the market...

But, and I hate to be the downer here...it makes you think how much time/quality goes into making these things and the R&D done to ensure they perform better, provide better handling and control and better quality....and all in the short months the vehicle has been out.

Hmmmmm....
I understand your sentiment and generally agree but keep in mind, the F30 has been available for around 6 months at this point, a good chunk of time.

KW has been doing suspension for years and when it comes to a coilover with adjustable damping, all they really need to do is study the suspension type, look at the balance and dynamics of the vehicle, make an educated guess on spring rates, & test. A brand new company creating a brand new product would be a different story but KW, who has been doing this for 17 years now, know what they're doing.

On a side note, other chassis with larger aftermarkets get parts much faster. Within the first six months, multiple suspension components from many manufacturers (coilovers, sways, strut bars, chassis braces, etc.), aero options (bumpers, lips, fenders, etc.), exhaust systems, etc. are available. That said, I am happy to wait for some quality parts, such as these KW's

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0