View Single Post
      06-09-2019, 07:15 AM   #90
maestrogustav
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Well, I stumbled in here to this forum and this thread, about 14 hours after putting a $500 deposit on a 2013 328i with 73k miles on it; purchase price is $13k from a BMW dealer. Not sure if my guy is there on Sundays; I'm supposed to pick the car up Monday evening after detailing.

I will ask about the timing chain issue. My guy is straightforward, but he certainly didn't mention that I am conveniently 3k miles outside the warranty zone.

Can it be demanded to be changed preventatively, or must there be some "evidence" of a problem before they do it?

There were literally two customers lined up after me on Saturday afternoon to buy the car; I imagine they'll let me off the hook, or I could transfer the deposit to another vehicle. Advice anyone? I think this is my second or third post, and this would be my first BMW in the states since moving from Germany 10 years ago.

The car that brought me into the dealership was a 2015 335i with 44k miles, but it's 11 grand more. Ironically, my research on that vehicle concluded that the inline 6 had reliability issues. . .
Appreciate 0