View Single Post
      11-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #99
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Standard equipment (for both 328i and 335i) now includes: 6.5" display with iDrive controller, bluetooth, USB/iPoD interface, 8 speed automatic transmission, automatic start/stop, dynamic driving control modes, brake energy regeneration, and 1" standard wheel size increase.
Hm. I guess in absolute terms what you're saying might be valid, but in terms of individual perspective, it might be a bit trickier.

- The USB/iPod was a ($300?) option, fair enough - but then again, almost EVERY CAR offers it now, so it wouldn't be reasonable for them not to offer it.
- The iDrive isn't a useful standard feature as it offers no Nav (and, I am assuming, no ConnectedDrive/apps/etc), hence it's just a pretty screen with some car settings.
- 6AT was a $1,500 or so option, so rather than thinking of it as "thrown in for free" it's probably better to think "the MT people are getting ripped off, as it's $0 to go down to MT". And paddles are STILL $500 for some reason!! The Mini Cooper includes them for free with 6AT now, so what gives?
- The value of auto start/stop is to be determined, guess we'll see how consumption changes. I'm not even sure I'd want that.
- DDC modes - not sure what those are, so can't comment.
- brake energy regeneration - cool, but the usefulness to be determined? Might be a good option, I suppose, I'll keep an open mind.
- 1" standard wheel increase - maybe a good thing, maybe a bad thing, depending on your position - I use the OEM wheels for winter, so that's actually a bad thing for me as winter rubber will cost more plus, I put aftermarket wheels right away anyhow, so it's a bit of a non-issue.