03-10-2020, 03:15 PM   #91
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakir View Post
Hi all. 1st time poster but love this forum for a long time as an awesome source of information!

Today I got an email from the supplier of my qualcom android head unit (octa core /64gig/4g/wifi) with a link to download android 10 (was 9 before) update.
I have updated newer versions of android 9 with no problem.

Anyway. after the update, its now stuck in a 'no signal' loop that then goes to scrambled graphics that I cant decipher enough to make out what menu its on..
It seems to be working in the background as songs were playing but the video mode seems wrong and I cant seem to fix it..
I have even uploaded and edited version of the bmw-oem xml file in case i could tweak it somehow there.

My car is CCC - perhaps they sent me a CIC Bios?

I have also tried renaming older android 9 ksw files to the 'factory reset' filename but it doesnt seem to force install of that at all..

What can I do? Obviously dont want to wait 6 months and pay return postage to china at this time of panic.

thanks so much for any help!

Shakir .
Heres the email from them - Andream
----------
Download link:
https://mega.nz/#!2UwnRS6T!jyILVx7ka...xAEOkM3pgfcP6Q

Note:
for Android 9.0, change the file name to 'Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v1.2.5-ota.zip'.
for Android 10.0, don't need to change the file name.

Qualcomm upgrade instructions:
(Note: The upgrade process cannot be powered off and the files are not extracted.)
Upgrade path: U disk or SD card root directory
Step:
1. Copy the upgrade file to the root directory of the U disk/SD card (first level directory)
2. Insert the USB flash drive/SD card containing the upgrade file to the USB port.
3. Wait for the machine to recognize the SD card/U disk and the upgrade prompt box appears.
4. Click “Yes” and the system will start to upgrade until the vehicle terminal automatically restarts and the upgrade is successful.
5. The upgrade process takes 5 minutes.

I checked the update in comparison to 1.2.2, this version 1.2.5 is from 26th February 2020.

As The update is only one day younger than Android 9.0 3.8.5 probably from this build on come new features/fixes.

Code:
ro.build.display.id=Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.2.5
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.zlx.20200226.150347
ro.system.build.date=Wed Feb 26 15:03:29 CST 2020
ro.system.build.fingerprint=qti/msm8953_64/msm8953_64:10/QKQ1.191008.001/zlx02261503:userdebug/test-keys
Update/Feature: ALS Dashboard now with different speed mph support
Update/Bugfix: KswPMedia Startactivity change (function unknown?)
Update/Bugfix: Change to TXZNET Notification behavior
Update/Change: again some LTE providers deleted
Update/Change: Change to mcu listener change unknown (new code)

As i don`t run on Android 10 yet, it would be good if users can give feedback if they find changes fitting my source code changes.

Kri
Appreciate 0