View Single Post
      11-29-2020, 02:24 PM   #3
alrocsmash
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranga View Post
I got the same charge pipe after numerous other users said ER had the best fitment by far.

Can't speak to the intercooler, but again, consensus from the forums seems like VRSF has problems with fitment.

But you're on the right track, charge pipes can fail even at stock boost (like mine did), so definitely replace it sooner than later, especially if you want to tune. Intercooler isn't required for stage 1, but would be for stage 2, along with other supporting mods like a downpipe. So if you're not going beyond stage 1, i would hold off on the IC.

Bimmerlink isnt a flash tune. You're thinking of Bootmod3 or MHD - which lets you put any sort of tune you want on the car, from stage 1 to 2+ and anything in between. If you hurry, BM3 is on sale. I just ordered mine!
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I'm willing to invest the 600 for the bootmod3 considering my next car after this one is going to be a P90 tesla D. Does that fee give you the program for life? MHD ironically also agreed with you that stage 1 doesn't need an IC. So, maybe just the charge pipe for now.
Appreciate 0