pdk42
Eh? Team member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR1 View Post
My gut feel on these is we are one generation too early still. These will move quickly in terms of range, speed of charging etc and I suspect buying one in 2-3 years time will give us more choice and a better overall package.

My biggest issues is the number of charging points, i mentioned this before when i pulled up at a motorway services a few months ago (somewhere on the M4) it had 3 chargers, all were taken up and guy was sat waiting for one to free up. Now given the rational that you go for a coffee etc while you wait he was still there and waiting when i left 15min later. Given he had to be there for 30 min or so to charge his once plugged in that put me off there and then.

So even if the car tech is there is the UK network ready????

GBR1
I think I agree with this. There will be a lot more EVs available 12-18 months from now and from the regular brands. Whilst the Model 3 is very nice, on further analysis I've got growing concerns over Tesla as a company. On top of that, as much as I'd like to be a pioneer, I'm coming to the conclusion that it's still a little too early for EVs to be a replacement for my main vehicle.

So, I think I'm out!
Appreciate 0