View Single Post
      12-13-2018, 10:16 PM   #21
n00bkiller944
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 328d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog_x View Post
Actually, now I remember. The SCR system was giving me all kinds of grief, saying issue with one nox sensor or the other. ISTA was saying to replace both sensors... which are crazy expensive for sensors at almost $1,000 a pair. I just kept resetting it since it would go away for quite a while. Then I got a code for a short in the DEF fluid heater circuit that wouldn't go away. Which is that line in your picture. I inspected it and found the wires burned to a crisp. So I ordered a replacement line and when I went to replace it, the line was really stuck and the connector broke off of the metering valve. Replacement metering valve was $400 and backordered at the time to the tune of 2 weeks. That's where buzzken came in.

So to answer your question, I removed the line and just kept the new one in a box with all the other stock stuff to reinstall some day. The DEF tank is still mounted where it was. The wires on the metering line have to be spliced in, so I think you'd have to cut them if you wanted to remove it.
Think you will actually go back to stock one day?
Appreciate 0