Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalls90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
Let's hold off on calling them better engines.
Okay well assuming stock vs stock, the rumored outputs are higher and I can't see BMW moving in the direction of decreased efficiency. But I suppose it's not over until the fat lady sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
Same here! A 340i b58 wagon with a 6spd manual and awd would be a winner! The 335xi was available with the manual, how hard can it be to offer it with the touring? Because of that the v60 t6 has no competition from BMW.
BMW knows best. BMW knows what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Remember that the F80 and F82 both share the headlights from the F32, not the F30. As the F32 is not getting an LCI yet, the F80 will only get updates to its taillights.

This wasn't applicable on the F10M, since it shares both the headlights and taillights with the F10.

The real question is: Will the F80 and F82 get the F32 LCI headlights as part of that refresh? The E90M and E92M did not get the E92 LCI headlights, because BMW changed the bumper design to accommodate the updated shape of the headlights (and presumably didn't want to spend the money to update the bumper designs on the E9x LCI M3).

Will the F32 LCI headlights get a different shape? If so, that likely means that the F80 and F82 won't get an update. If the F32 LCI headlights stay the same shape, it's a safe bet to assume that the F82 LCI will get the new lights, but it'll be interesting to see if the F80 LCI does as well. It would mean a second LCI of sorts for the F80 in 2016.
True, but F30 vs F32 headlights are much more similar than the E90 vs E92 (IMO):

Note that's Xenon vs LED, so when they're both LED/Xenon, they'd look even more similar.

You do raise an interesting point though, that the F80 and F82 LCI may keep the F32/F82 Pre-LCI headlights, if BMW follows E90/E92 M3 tradition. I'd guess no, given the "L" shaped headlights seem to be BMW's next core design language, and shorting their flagship model wouldn't bode well for sales.
Thanks for posting that comparison shot. If the outline of the F30 and F32 headlight housings are exactly the same AND that outline doesn't change for either the F30 or F32 LCI (disregard anything BMW does to the way the lights look within the outline), then I think that: A) The F80 LCI will get the same updated headlights when the F30 LCI happens, and B) The F82 LCI will get updated headlights when the F32 LCI happens.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0