View Single Post
      08-23-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
Deli
Rep
Drives: Fiesta ST

I listen to the everydaydriver podcast and one of the questions they got was this exact same thing on BMW reliability. They said most people are used to cars as appliances and forget to do maintenance. German cars aren't designed to miss these intervals and need to be taken care of. Think like a work horse compared to a race horse. The race horse needs a lot more attention, but are at the top of their game.

I purchased my GT which is my first BMW about 2 months ago with the same concerns, but decided it was worth it since it had everything I wanted. If Lexus made a fast, comfortable, big back seat wagon, then I would have just went with that, but they don't. I did not go with CPO, but that's because I saved around $4k by not going that route. I got a PPI and all the car's maintenance records to make sure it was clean. Yes maintenance is expensive, but once it's out of warranty at the end of the year, I'll do most of my own wrenching. Only thing I'm considering is getting an extended powertrain warranty just to cover anything crazy that happens. Best part about cars is they are depreciating assets, so if you don't like it, just find something else. So far it's been great and I don't regret buying at all, but time will tell. You just have to weight the pros and cons to decide if it's worth it to you.
Appreciate 0