View Single Post
      11-27-2014, 02:47 AM   #972
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Gohar View Post
hey guys..why is the forum dead...such an amazing community shouldnt die..
so i noticed something weird, u know how the basic bluetooth on 316s doesnt stream music?....i find it quite weird it doesnt...especially when i noticed that the car picks up viber calls not only phone calls...so this made me think, if the car picks up sound from applications not only actual phone calls....this means that its only a software issue that bmw handicaps us from streaming music though there's no need for any hardware...what do u think guys?...i mean we can fool the car for example to view any sound coming out of the phone as its a phone call...

another thing....regarding the retrofitting with nbt for 316ers...congratulations osmansky,,,...good job man...but i guess its still too much money for some functions a mobile can easily do..(even much better) at a fraction of the price...so ill be waiting for some kind of a mirroring technology better...also i have the note 4 and noticed it contains the functionality of something called mirror link....problem is...im not so sure it would work with our cars...

anyways ...guys keep this thread alive

Hello Kareem,

Yes you definitely have a point; however i have tried every possible solution to avoid retrofitting but i wasn't satisfied with the outcome.

You could try two solutions:

1) http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=740015

Personally I haven't tried this solution, but you can ask around the forum

2) http://www.viseeostore.com/products/...r-wma1000.html

This one i tried personally and it is a decent solution, gives you Bluetooth music streaming from any app (ios or android) with basic controls from driving wheel. but doesnt show artwork though but will do the job

let me know if you need any help

as for the for the forum as Ouzzo said, its never dead. it is just hibernating lets do a gathering soon
Appreciate 0