View Single Post
      08-30-2016, 08:16 PM   #36
spumoni1984
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 Imola Red M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
You write this as if that is of any importance. but in fact this doesnt matter at all.
They race to get maximum results. they only need respect from teams and sponsors to ensure their income and next years seat. And that means foremost results, and maybe consistency, but respect from other drivers plays no part.
Racing has only 1 goal. and that is to win. Respect from other drivers doesnt result in anything, there is no 'you know what, he's such a nice and respected guy, I think I'll let him pass' scenario.
Thats why professional drivers absolutely dont care about respect from other drivers. If that's in your nature, you wont make it anywhere near professional level racing, let alone F1. Because if earning respect means not going the full 100% for your own results, you'll never win at top level.

as for the crash, I see 3 drivers in 1 corner who all 3 thought they could get away with it or that 1 would back down. Guess all 3 were wrong...
I don't think team/sponsor respect can be separated from driver respect. Look at Maldonado...teams and sponsors weren't lining up to sign him once Venesuela oil dropped out. Why - he's crazy and crashes a lot.

Opposite is true for Hulk or Alonso. How many times is Fernando mentioned as the best driver on the grid - even though he has been rounding out the top 10 this year? As for Nico...Hulk is constantly linked with top tier teams when the "crazy season" gets going. You don't get your name mentioned with Ferrari, MB, and Red Bull by picking up a few 7th places for Force India.
Appreciate 1