View Single Post
      01-10-2017, 05:13 PM   #12
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel8ed View Post

The only advantage to consumer cameras over phone cameras is optical zoom. literally everything else is a win for the phone camera.
Are you sure?
I think an average consumer camera has the edge on all technical/photographic parameters compared to a phone camera. Less noise/better light sensitivity, sharper image, less distortion, better colourrepresentation, better control on shutter and iris, better build in flash, better image stabilisation etc etc.
The cameraphone however is better in how we handle our pictures and the device; uploading it to facebook, whatsapp, better portablility etc etc, and has a better screen in most cases.
So the cameraphone gets the upper hand when the technical aspects of the photo are good enough, when they are acceptable. A better photo at some point doesnt outweigh the convenience of a dedicated camera.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10512.00