View Single Post
      03-01-2016, 09:20 PM   #11
GeorgeR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 XDrve35i 2009 335i E92

Sony mirrorless has been interesting to follow but as a sports shooter, the speed isn’t there yet. For studio and stationary subjects I wouldn’t have the same concerns. 42MP is way more than I need but could come in handy for product photos and studio.

5 fps vs 12 to 14. While I understand a lens adapter supports AF on canon lenses, I don’t think the Nikon adapter supports AF. Battery drain is much higher resulting in shorter battery life resulting in fewer shots. Sony doesn’t have the high ISO range of the big two.

The Nikon and Cannon Pro bodies are just so good and after years of use, become a subconscious extension of your hand. Making the change would take some time. In the competitive field of sports shooting though, many are willing to make a change if it helps them get the shot that editors select and therefore gets them paid.

Promising for sure but not quite there for me. I haven’t seen one on the sideline yet but the way technology advances it won’t be long. Having a silent shutter when shooting golf has certainly intrigued me.
Appreciate 0