View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 04:28 PM   #28
4WDriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31/F-Type 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Don't understand the point on final value risk. All that matters is which is cheapest per month. You can hand both back at the end for nothing.

I've always compared pcp to lease when buying, but only prices on leasing.com

At low miles lease generally seemed to win, and at high miles, 25,000 a year that I've always needed, pcp was always cheaper. So I've always had a pcp up to now.

My mileage has gone down a little to 20,000 and there seem to be better higher mileage lease offers around this year, so it's got me looking at leasing right now.
Every time I've looked at a PCP the GMFV has been set low and the stealer has always said it'll be worth more than that. I did my maths on the stated GMFV and thereforefound lease to be better (I mean cheaper). Also deposits are generally lower on a lease as with PCP the deposit and your GMFV are always very similar!!

Yes I agree high miles can hit lease costs. I do 10-15k a year so not an issue for me. Extra miles on a BMW were much higher than on an Audi or VW. Can't remember what Merc wanted.

Just reading the S4 MY17 thread and another downside of lease is that it must be serviced at a main stealer. I do find it odd on this forum tht we all complain about the general incompetence of main stealers then demad FBMWSH on a used car
Appreciate 0