jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm5150 View Post
Hey folks,
I'm seeking advice on making a custom order for a new 440xi coupe. I've never done a custom order and my experience with a couple local dealerships isn't great (they don't seem knowledgeable or willing to do this). My ideal order is a Fire Orange 440xi M-Sport with M-performance upgrades/exhaust + carbon inserts and all black 19" M wheels.
With that, I'd really like to hear what others have done and what their experience was ordering + any advice on getting exactly what I want from the dealership.
Thanks!
Jeff
OP to get Fire Orange on a 440 you will need to do a full individual order. Individual is NOT for the faint of heart, NOR for anyone who is wanting their car faster than "several months".

That color will also likely cost you at least 5k as an up charge.

Many dealers do not want to deal with a full individual order because it requires them to do some navigation of the process with BMW FS. If you are "concerned" at all about the PRICE of your car, Individual is not for you.

I also imagine that getting that color approved on a 440 would be hard. It would likely be easier on an M3/M4. You might want to consider that, if you want that color, and like I said, BMW Individual (Germany) will decide how much the color costs if they will even do it on your desired car, and "thats it" there is No negotiation on what they quote is my understanding.

Higher Trim car = more individual options = more Yes from BMW Individual.

Note: if the car color appears on the German BMW build your own site (http://www.bmw.de/de/home.html), for your desired model, then the color is already "approved" for that model, and it is not 5k.. those "individual" colors are sort of "BMW pre approved " individual so not full individual. They normally cost 1250 to 1750 or so I think.

(I am not a dealer rep, just a guy on the net.. but I have read a bit about this from people who have done it, and am comfortable with what I am telling you).

The M performance parts are not really a problem, and the black wheels would depend on if they are available for the 440 yet.. I dont know cause I have a 2016 435 and dont like black rims so never looked into it.

good luck! Remember... you might be able to get that color, but its not for the faint of heart, or wallet, or anyone concerned about the price of the color, or the time to deliver the car. IF you could get it, you would likely be looking at SEVERAL months or even a little longer.

NOTE: I am using the words " Full Individual" to signify a "real" BMW individual order (individual manufacktur). Things that are in the german (or american) BMW build your own site as "individual" are basically pre approved individual orders, and wont take nearly as long (or get you a "No").

Last edited by jjrandorin; 01-20-2017 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 0