View Single Post
      02-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #20
jpm5150
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
BTW, one of the new colors for the 4 series in 2018 is an orange color. Its not fire orange but there are 2 new colors being introduced for regular order.

I think they are called "snapper rocks blue and sunset orange". You might want to look at sunset orange. I know you mentioned that your leaser is expiring in 90 days, but BMW will let you extend the lease by up to 6 months if you have another BMW on order. That time extension seems like it would take you to where you need to be to get a 2018 in sunset orange (which would not require individual approval etc).

Like I said its a different color, but it IS called "orange" so might suit what you are looking for (and wont be 5k upcharge), or get a likely "no".
Hey, yeah, I saw the announce...I like the new blue, reminds me of Long Beach Blue. That is certainly worth considering. I'm not a fan of the new orange, its a bit too red for me. My initial hope was to have a color nobody else really has and has great contrast to black wheels/accents, and, was used somewhere in the M lineage. So, first colors that came to mind were Fire Orange, Speed Yellow, Laguna Seca Blue, etc. I did a bunch of searching around online and all the rare colors are on M cars to your point earlier. I've only seen a couple pictures of rare 4 series in such colors, which could be wraps or sprayed somewhere other than the factory. Like you said earlier, it may be best getting a M4, which I really love, but, x-drive is really important to me (live in mountains near Seattle). Plus, individual M4 with all the options is going to push $90k, holy cow.
What's still bugging me is why does it take more than a couple business days to get a response from BMW on the options? I don't feel a sense of entitlement, I just think it shouldn't take that long to respond, I wouldn't leave customers hanging very long, especially one like me who has 'shiny object syndrome.'
Appreciate 0