View Single Post
      02-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #22
Jim E.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Individ: 99 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm5150 View Post
Hey, yeah, I saw the announce...I like the new blue, reminds me of Long Beach Blue. That is certainly worth considering. I'm not a fan of the new orange, its a bit too red for me. My initial hope was to have a color nobody else really has and has great contrast to black wheels/accents, and, was used somewhere in the M lineage. So, first colors that came to mind were Fire Orange, Speed Yellow, Laguna Seca Blue, etc. I did a bunch of searching around online and all the rare colors are on M cars to your point earlier. I've only seen a couple pictures of rare 4 series in such colors, which could be wraps or sprayed somewhere other than the factory. Like you said earlier, it may be best getting a M4, which I really love, but, x-drive is really important to me (live in mountains near Seattle). Plus, individual M4 with all the options is going to push $90k, holy cow.
What's still bugging me is why does it take more than a couple business days to get a response from BMW on the options? I don't feel a sense of entitlement, I just think it shouldn't take that long to respond, I wouldn't leave customers hanging very long, especially one like me who has 'shiny object syndrome.'
If it's "bugging" you that it takes more than a couple of days to get a response then it will eat you alive to have to wait and go through the whole process.

I know on good authority that it took someone nine months from the date of first contacting the dealer to actually getting the car delivered. Yes, that's basically a full term pregnancy from start to finish.

A custom color won't take that long obviously unless you're doing something completely new. Custom interior like stitching etc..., pull up a chair as the wait will be quite extended.

It could take less for interior stuff if you know exactly what you want and have a great relationship with your dealer.

Standard pricing for special order paints is now $5200 but some paints may require more money.

Last edited by Jim E.; 02-02-2017 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0