View Single Post
      02-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #301
flyerJoeb
Rep
Drives: 335XI F30 M SPORT DINAN

Hi
If you have the available tools, you can modify what you run into.
Follow the install video. I used an IPAD and was able to review as wanted. The easy part was removing all the panels. You do need the proper torx bits. Use something to prop the trunk open as it will drop once the spring is removed. The rear bracket needed modification on my car. The longer bolt was not aligned. I saw mention in posts to open the hole on the trunk arm hole that the spring was attached. The bolt fits through that hole, but with the bracket in place didn't align. I oblong'd the hole in the bracket until the bolt could be turned in. Once i was able to screw in the bolt, I placed the nut on loosely. I the had to use a channel lock to compress the left side so the bolt and nut could be placed. Tighten both after.
The rear bracket was a challenge. The initial two pieces and bolt went easy. The L arm and smaller nut didn't go so well for me. I had material stuffed in the hold to keep anything from dropping but still lost the L arm. I used a different nut and bolt to secure the bracket. I first tried duck tape on the l arm to an extension to try to align but it fell in a different hole. I saw others using a magnet to hold the L arm in place. I also saw a comment of placing it in from the other side. Once installed the motorized unit can be attached.
The one ground wire is a little short. I was able to move the plastic box toward the front giving a little more length so i attached both grounds to the advised location.
I took my time with all the components to the deck lid. Once I figured how to maneuver the parts in place I had no issue attaching all the parts there.
At first my unit would not work once power was restored. I removed my motor unit as i though something was wrong, but when off and power there the unit turned left and right. Once I reconnected, the unit worked without issue.
Appreciate 1