View Single Post
      03-01-2017, 02:26 AM   #303
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Sport Line 320ded

Power Trunk installed

Hello, yesterday my Power Trunk kit arrived and I had time to install it.

First of all, thank you BimmerTech for make it possible.

Now, the installation process was almost straight forward, same a little short ground wire for unit, but I adjust unit position and everything is OK, little clamp for rear grip of the electrical piston was to short, so that little corner didn't stay in mention position, but it was locked inside the hole and screw was tightened firmly, so no problem. Another little problem was with button template, witch it was a little thin that is should be, even I used latest PDF template, I had to adjust the hole and everything was OK. Button looks good.
After installation finished, I had to manually close the trunk and after that power trunk was working. Also I saw the problem with battery, and I can confirm that if battery is not OK, power trunk wan't function perfectly. I stayed for some time with car open and radio on, and after that , soft close from trunk didn't work, trunk was not closed complete, but after I start the car and battery was charged again, everything was working again perfect.
For the moment I'm very pleased with this retrofit, hope to not have problems with it.
I wanted to ask BimmerTech experts if there is any solution to install front button too, for trunk, so the retrofit will be complete and will look more as from factory.
I also post an video with PowerTrunk tests, after all installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVAUD9qmSVs
Appreciate 1