View Single Post
      04-26-2022, 02:53 PM   #31
spencerguenther
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328d

So I found a solution that worked for me 100%. Been struggling with it for years and finally it works every single time as it should. It was working fine on my Samsung S7, but when I got a Pixel 4a 5G it would sometimes connect, but if it did, it lasted for about 2 songs before it totally glitched and sometimes even rebooted the iDrive. Made an account just so I could share this as it was driving me crazy and I have to have things perfect...

It would appear that BMW uses some registers in the bluetooth code that were previously unused by the bluetooth AVRCP version that was out when the BMWs were made. As more recent versions of the AVRCP were released, it clashed with some of the coding in the BMW, toggling all kinds of wrong 0's and 1's, and causing havoc with the bluetooth when doing something as simple as connecting to the car. My solution (will vary by phone, may not be possible with iPhone), is to revert the AVRCP version back to at least 1.3 (they are up to 1.6 now). for Pixel:

-Enable developer mode by tapping the 'About phone' 7 times
-Open 'Developer Options'
-Scroll down to 'Bluetooth AVRCP version' and change to 1.3

Simple as that, if you're having issues like I was, stop talking to BMW or the phone manufacturer because they have no idea what they are talking about and will never address the issue because it would mean remapping all the bluetooth coding which would probably brick a lot of other devices out there. Created an account today because I felt I needed to share the info with others that were having these problems, most forums have closed the topics relating to this so I cannot add this. Hope it helps you all.
Appreciate 0