View Single Post
      03-07-2024, 03:37 AM   #7
luca.aluigi
Italy
Rep
Drives: M135i F20, Maserati Biturbo

Hi guys,
i am new member, but i follow in background the forum since 2019.

i am doing a pretty time consuming and expansive job (DIY), but this is going to be an insurance for the life of my engine.
The complete S55 oiling system installation and con rod bearing replacement.
I spent lot of time to build my Bill Of Material, i ordered every single parts from Germany.
My baby have 31000miles on it, EWG MY2015, 326HP the last version of N55.
I also replace the bearings with the OEM One for keep the BMW tolerances, i know ACL and King sputtered are perfect solution too.
The OCI has been:
-19k miles
-24k miles (my ownership)
-25,5k miles
-26.7k miles
-28k miles
-29k miles
-30.5k miles
I am using ISTA for torque specs, the tool for hold the chain sproket is necessary, i build by myself the tool.
Just 1 cons, if you have the ZF8HP auto trans, you lost the inspection port in the sump for the torque converter bolts.
I order the M2 "OG" scavenging pump instead of the S55 scavenging pump, in this way i save 60 bucks for the plug (BMW-11418335879), the pump does not have the suction pipe for the second turbo direct from factory.

I observed some metal debris embedded on my bearings, for this purpose i inspected the VANOS solenoid and the oil pressure control solenoid, and the protective mash was very clean from metal particle.
next step, i will replace the valve cover gasket for inspect the Valvetronic gears and intake camshaft.

Guys let me know how looks like the journals and the bearings.

Below some pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Burnout27.00
rlesko238.50