View Single Post
      09-19-2019, 07:37 AM   #6
CaptainSloww
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggydrvr View Post
Curiosly, I'd like to know if you prefer the coded settings or logic7?

I definitely prefer the coded settings. The DSP parameters of the Bang&Olufsen system help to add some clarity and a touch of spaciality too (in case you are using the “Expanded” mode).

Anyway the Harman Kardon system is what it is. If you are not willing to upgrade it, I guess that through tweaking the EQ to reduce it’s medium range harshness and bass boominess, you can get a decent sound. Specially with the B&O Mod.

I started using Tidal HiFi on a daily basis, including on my conmutes and I realized that, with such a HQ source, my last settings where totally wrong on some frequencies, resulting as some people said, in a muddy bass sound.

So now I have this EQ:

Treble 0
Bass 0
Balance 0
Fader +1

Expanded ON

100 Hz -6
200 Hz -9
500 Hz -5
1 kHz -4
2 kHz -2
5 kHz -6
10 kHz -3

Now I feel the sound a tad more neutral, and the bass, without being something crazy, has more presence.

The mids are still the critical point, I can’t get them to sound natural or at least uncanned. But I guess that this is more a hardware limitation at this point. Maybe changing the mid drivers and adding a subwoofer would make a big difference, but again it would imply doing major labors on the car.

So as far of keeping it simple, I am happy with the current setup.

By the way, since I am using Tidal Hifi, I decided to give a chance to routing the sound through a USB DAC, and for the ones that are considering it, I can tell you that it makes a big difference when using HQ sources, almost like going from bluetooth to wired. So I encourage you to do it in case you are hesitating.

Besides, you can use it with headphones and home speakers, not just at the car, so the investment is maximized!
Appreciate 0