View Single Post
      10-25-2019, 12:11 PM   #22
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw0n View Post
This is a bit concerning. I have a CTS Turbo charge pipe in my 435i currently w/ OEM IC. I have a VRSF IC lying around in the house waiting to be installed, but this is a bit worrisome. Has anyone else had problems or is this possibly a bad batch?

Also, when did you buy your VRSF IC, and which model is it (5" HD, etc.)?
I believe in the posts above some other people reported a looser connection between aftermarket CP-IC than to stock IC, but it may not be universally true as i have read plenty of people use stock Orings with aftermarket CPs and ICs of various brands. At a minimum, the connection is tighter with the aftermarket, non-directional Orings we discussed. I dont see any reason not to just run the largest, tightest sealing Oring you can? Having done this install more than once, there is no way i would even try the install without having the other Orings on hand in case i needed them. They are cheap, shipping is kindof annoying at around $6, but i got them in <48 hrs from time of order. By comparison i believe 1 stock Oring is $15 (not that the price matters, i would just get the best sealing one).

I bought my IC+CP on labor day weekend. It is the 5'' HD that was $379.99 base price IIRC. I believe there is only the one charge pipe option, 8AT RWD. It was honestly a really annoying buying experience. The product was not in stock (despite no indication on XPH website). It took me almost a month to get my IC and CP, and after i got the IC there was clear fin damage and beyond that a metal "bubble" on the front that i am concerned might be a small leak (I have a picture of that over on this thread https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8#post25366268). I'm not bashing anyone and i dont really care about the delays as long as the product works, which i hope to confirm this weekend with a boost leak test.
Appreciate 0