beanbaguk
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay View Post
Hi all.

I have a 2012 BMW F30 with a CIC powered navigation business system with Bluetooth integration for my phone.

Suddenly after working fine for a long time, I saw the other day my phone didn't connect. When entering the phone menu in the iDrive system, the screen just reads "Please wait" and a spinning wheel. I can use the knob to go one back and see the menu with "Phonebook, Last number redial, units" etc. but no matter what I select it's the same "Please wait" screen I get.

I googled a bit to find some sort of reboot of the system. All posts say to hold the "mute button" on the radio for 30 seconds. I tried to hold it several times for up to 60 seconds without any sort of reboot at all.

My question here: Any of you guys tried this before? What did you do? Would a battery unplug force it to reboot maybe?
I had this with my old CHAMP2 HU. To get it working again go to telephone and then bluetooth. Disable bluetooth on the HU and then power off the car and turn off bluetooth on your phone. (To make sure it shuts down, get out of the car, lock the doors and walk away from it for at least 5 minutes).

Before you start everything up again, reboot your phone.

Once your phone has rebooted, turn on bluetooth again and start your car.

It should come back to life again. (At least it did for me).