View Single Post
      01-03-2018, 11:55 AM   #21
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
If drivers are missing my perfectly working tail and brake lights becuase my reflectors have been painted/removed, then those drivers shouldn't be on the road.
you leave your brake lights/tail lights on when your car is parked? have you enabled your rear fog lights? have you ever had your battery die and needed to wait for a tow truck?

they are there for the same reason you have reflectors on anything else (street signs, cones, lines on the road) so that you can see it more easily in inclement conditions. not to mention the reflectors will illuminate when your car's paint will not. so when someone comes up behind you whether you are parallel parked or the next car in front of them in rain/fog/snow, their lights will reflect off of your car much easier.

that being said, we're all grown and can make up our minds about these things. this forum is full of people with dark window tint, catless downpipes, and other mods that have to be advertised as "off-road use only" by vendors so they don't get sued. it's nothing to lose sleep over. it's a risk that most people do fine without.

it's obvious why it's there, and it's obvious why people want to remove it. next topic.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0