ArthurKing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Pics of finished job.
That looks amazing.

Did you do it yourself for the £6.5k or were all/parts done by professionals?

Im happy to do the stud wall, raised floor, ceiling, insulation etc myself but I think I would need electrics sign off for building regs to approve it?

I can do electrics myself and being a dining room and office, a 13A Fused Spur from the house (including 5A FS for lighting) would suffice but I don't think building regs will have that.

Getting central heating in could be my biggest challenge and something I would get someone in to do, our pipes all seem to be plastic from the heating source and then flexible rubber to the rads.

Edit - I tried to call planing but no answer so have sent an email. They do a Pre Planning meeting option but its £180 and a waste if its going to be a no for the parking issue, hopefully they can just give me a straight answer. Someone on our road has done a similar thing but turned the rear of theirs into a playroom and have just sold the house. They did not get full planning as I can't find their application on our Council website but theirs is detached so I think different rules apply.
Appreciate 0