11-19-2022, 10:15 AM   #28
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
I showed this to my brother in law he got a chuckle out of it. And agree with your Ford/Lincoln comment. My brother in law and I work in the same department at ford and there’s a good bit that comes out of our shop for Lincoln too. I can’t remember what year I stopped reading CR and paying attention to it but was when a majority of the negativity was based on how hard of a time customers were having to sync up their phones.
As a document on the autobahn I was watching someone said they can’t understand why Americans need cup holders in cars for, they’re meant to be driven not to have a meal in.
This is exactly the issue with CR and JD Power as well, "reliability" has in the definition how well the infotainment system works. Being an old dude, my definition for reliability is how often the vehicle leaves you dead on the road and you either have to walk or get a ride from the tow truck.

New car owners complain how well their phone integrates with the vehicle, and if it is problematic, they determine the vehicle is unreliable. Phone integration in my new Bronco absolutely sucks. I tried the Android auto app, and as soon as the phone leaves cell service, Android Auto disconnects and I have to fish through a menu sequence to reestablish connectivity. I live in a rural area where cell service is spotty, so it happens quite frequently. It's so annoying, I just deleted my phone from the system - LOL. I leave the screen dark most of the time.

Asking a favor... if you have contacts in the Bronco team, can you ask them to do a software update to add the clock readout to the main gauge screen? A simple email to the Bronco team is all I'm asking.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 11-19-2022 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 1