Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x328x View Post
I get u r replacing the screen. What i dont get is how it works with the original set up, like the controlling of your phone, nav, setting, multimedia, sport displays etc. Like you controll everything through the screen with the buttons on the armrest and the userface looks a certain way. Is this like a new operating system that changes the way things look but you still have full control of every menu funtion . Ill just wait for a demo.
I am working on posting a fully detailed review and walk through of the system, once I work out a few more setup items in the system. I really want to have a full review ready, when I consider that it is fully setup and ready.

In short, the iDrive dial works in the main screen to scroll and select items, and the your original UI interface is available through the "original car" tile and also through the radio tile. That will return you to your original UI and all of the other functions you are used to using.

My initial quick review? WOW what a better screen! Not just wider than my 8.8 screen but substantially sharper and more clear. If just for that alone it is a huge improvement!

Regarding the question of fit and finish.. it fits perfectly, and with the chrome accents around the AC and radio controls, the thin chrome bezel edge of the new screen suits perfectly.

I hope to have a few last details worked out asap, including running an accessory and USB extension to the glove box, and post a full review this week.

Lastly, I will also have a full document based DIY up ASAP, as some folks prefer that to watching a video. Any questions please let me know.
Appreciate 0