View Single Post
      04-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #20
Zymon
Rep
Drives: F30 316i

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
Zymon, thanks for the info and I really appreciate it!

For the green and black optical cable: It maybe that some models don't have that style or type of connection, but it is the only setup I am familiar with, but your advice is dead on for those that don't have it.

Last radio channel - if I understand your description, I see similar but not exactly the same. If have the radio playing, then go to the new tiles, select video or music, yes the radio will cut out. To make it come back, I have to select Original Car or the radio tile. It DOES though for me go back the same channel it was playing before. Am I reading your question accurately?

Lastly, on the mismatched volume levels - yes, I see the same behavior and got the same information on how to resolve it. I haven't had a chance to do so yet, and hopefully will try it tomorrow.

For the backup camera, I haven't tried an aftermarket, as my F32 already has that plus radar which I can see (in better detail mind you with the new display!!!) so didn't install anything else. I am happy to help if I can, as I installed the backup camera into the Avin-2 and the E46 like 4 times. Talk about a gift to be able to see considering how blind the E46s are out the back, especially the verts.

Hi raichean.

You got it right. The sound will cut off. However, when I exit video/music and click the original car or radio tile. It does not bring me back to the last radio channel.

There were a few instances it does. However majority of the occasions it will route me to the external device( to aux) under the idrive if I choose radio tile or back to the bluetooth menu if I select original car tile.

I also noted another issue. After shifting reverse to park. I do at times get the *no signal* word. I just need to touch the screen and I'm back to the main screen with multiple tiles. Do you encounter that? I don't have a dvr. So if I select that tile, I will get the * no signal* . seems like some wrong routing to the tile. error

Last edited by Zymon; 04-18-2017 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0