View Single Post
      10-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #46
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
A lot of comments on this thread about including/not including the sedan and coupes in the same sales figures. From my perspective, the real take away is that BMW 3/4 is kicking its competitions' collective behinds.
Agree wholeheartedly.

It would be nice to see how the 5/6 compare to E class too. That model lineup includes the coupe and convertible even though, just as it was when they were called the CLK, they are not mere two door versions of the sedan, but separate models. I suspect it would be very close. Of course, that would mean including 6 GC in the figures, so then we rightfully must include CLS figures in there too I suppose. Slippery slope. Not to mention its 5 GT vs. E estate. As more and more new models and new model variations come onto the scene, normalization of the numbers only gets tougher.

It's not a new thing though. Just look at full size pickup sales numbers where Ford has been the winner for decades (if things haven't changed recently), but only because the nearly identical Silverado and Sierra are counted separately.
Appreciate 0