02-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #33
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
I don't think that 15yr old model had as large of an M logo on the sideskirts as this...trust me I know what the insignia was/is on those cars and where it was positioned your comment about looking at it objectively is pretty funny actually
Well I do like to brighten up peoples days if I can. To me it's funny because even with the relatively small M logos found on my 328i sport (that are indeed different to contemporary M3's anyhow).. this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqu1re
I swear someone is going to say they have a M3 when they don't. Then, they point to their badges. See, it's a 3 series, and it's got M badges---> M3!

*face palm

"So, yeah, my 328i M3 could totally beat your [insert car]"
... happened - in reverse - to me... I was questioned as to the cost of my "M3" (that blatantly displays its 328i badge on the rear), after somebody has noticed the M logos on the rubbing strips, which are literally 1/20th the size of the 328i badge on the rear...

... what I'm saying is, some people are stupid, and if they are confused or mis-lead by M-badges on non 'full' M-cars, then they're probably also confused by the little people that live in their TV's -- I don't give a crap what they think, I'm an enthusiast, and to me these performance parts are just another way to sex up existing models, and they'll probably be less common than either genuine M cars, or other M-sport models. I'm all for it.
Appreciate 0