View Single Post
      08-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #1
cptcrunch
Captain Crunch
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Exclamation 2016 340i Instrument Cluster Freakout

Today I was leaving an outpatient site (I work in healthcare) heading back to costco before going back to work and as I exited the freeway I lost my HUD. It came back a few seconds later, and then gone again. I slowed down to stop at the intersection, turned on my turn signal and looked down at my instrument cluster and saw this:

I recorded a quick video (22 seconds) and I would say the entire thing lasted about 120 seconds, as the cluster started working once I was underway again (about 20 mph).

I skipped costco and went straight to the dealer with the car acting like everything was normal. I showed my Service Advisor who took my complaint seriously and called his shop foreman to watch the video with me. This could be considered a major safety issue because a) you dont know your current speed b) did the outside turn signal turn off with the cluster c) other impending electrical failures imminent? That said, I'm not treating it as a, major epic o-m-g BMW needs to buy back this car, type of moment, but it did freak me out a little.

Its at the dealer now and we'll see how it goes.
Appreciate 0