WeaverBeaver
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Mc View Post
I do hate it though, its to bloody slow still.... Much better than a 335d

Yess yess the house is still being saved for haha help to buy isa still has 3 years left anyway , so rather have and pay for a car i like such as an m3 than one i dont like.

Hmm repairs and bills dont factor into the man math so even if it held half its value after 10 years id be happy, id probably look to gut it out and make it light as possible
Lewis sorry to hijack the thread and come off all preachy....

I'm only early 30s and bought first house a couple of years ago, my advice (which you're free to take or reject) is at your age/personal situation, capital position rules. If you sold the car, used the proceeds to boost your house deposit, and then had a car on contract hire or PCP for an affordable amount per month, would that put you in a much more advantageous position to get on the property ladder sooner and take advantage of rates while they're still low?

Remember help to buy makes it easier to get onto the ladder but the mortgage interest rate you'll pay will be a lot worse than if you can stump up 10% yourself without the assistance. The money you'd save in interest per month by having a 90%/85% LTV mortgage vs. help to buy rates effectively based on 95% LTV might be fairly chunky...

We all love our cars, but a house is the biggest and most important investment we make in our lives!
Appreciate 0