View Single Post
      12-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
CRA1G
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
South Africa
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Talking Bring on 2009

Seems as though the Africa sub-forum has been rather neglected and hasn't seen much activity as of late! In any case, I've been lurking around far too long without contributing.

Long story short, I ordered an AW 3 door 130i back in September. As if fate was on my side, and after waiting weeks without a status update on my order, I was told that 3 door 130i's weren't being imported anymore and that no strings could be pulled to fulfil my order. That left me in a spot of bother as I didn't want a 5 door variant. Then it struck me...

135i! I blame living under a rock for never quite considering the 1 series coupe. Maybe it was a question of budget and my heart being set on the 130i hatch but I'm so glad I came to my senses! Stretched the budget a little, spec'd out an AW 135i (Sports Pack, PDC, Boston Black, Xenons, Bluetooth, USB and a few other things) back in October. Secured a November build and I've been waiting since!

Got the call a few weeks ago from my dealer informing me that my baby had landed in Durban, went through Datadot and window etching and is on route to Cape Town! With any luck, she'll be here on Friday but as I'm going on holiday this weekend I'll only be able to pick her up early in the new year. This wait is going to kill me!

I've planned a trip to Knysna around the 135i's delivery so the break-in period should be short lived! The Garden Route should be a blast to drive despite speed restrictions. Thank goodness for temp. plates? :biggrin:

Traded in my 03 MCS a few weeks ago. Sadness as I loved that car to bits... From what I've read and been told, my feeling of loss will be short lived! Loved the 130i test drive, haven't driven a 135i yet. Am I in for a suprise?
Appreciate 0