12-15-2018, 10:05 AM   #77
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian332isport View Post
That depends on how they do it. If they just tuck the wires into the seals above the doors, it will work fine as a camera, but all bets are off if the curtain airbags deploy in an accident.

They need to run the cables at floor level to do it properly.
Not sure how you can run the cables along the floor when the camera's are fitted at the top of both front and rear windows, logic tells you they will run it along the headlining and then down the window seal and then it differs depending on hard wiring or going to a cigarette lighter, being fitted properly it will be hard wired.

if its the airbags you are worried about, then yes i will be double checking it goes behind the airbag but i'm sure he will do that anyway. I'm sure they will make every attempt to do things as well as possible in the same way that all those from this forum who have fitted their own, will do exactly the same.

If its dangling dashcam wires after all the airbags have gone off that concerns you, then if the accident was serious enough to set off all the airbags then personally i think that dangling wires will be the last thing on your mind.
Appreciate 0