12-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #80
ian332isport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Not sure how you can run the cables along the floor when the camera's are fitted at the top of both front and rear windows, logic tells you they will run it along the headlining and then down the window seal and then it differs depending on hard wiring or going to a cigarette lighter, being fitted properly it will be hard wired.
There's enough length in the rear camera cable to run it below the doors. You need to extend the power cables to reach the rear fuse box though. I ran my cables across the top of the windscreen, down the A pillar, behind the dash, and down to the footwell. Then under the doors and up the C pillar (Touring) back up to roof level beyond any of the airbags.

Quote:
if its the airbags you are worried about, then yes i will be double checking it goes behind the airbag but i'm sure he will do that anyway. I'm sure they will make every attempt to do things as well as possible in the same way that all those from this forum who have fitted their own, will do exactly the same.

If its dangling dashcam wires after all the airbags have gone off that concerns you, then if the accident was serious enough to set off all the airbags then personally i think that dangling wires will be the last thing on your mind.
It's dashcam cables stopping the airbags from deploying correctly that concerns me with the headliner route. Don't underestimate how much work is involved to route the cables clear of the airbags, and I'm not convinced that £30 buys you that level of care. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I expect they will just tuck the wires behind the seals.
Appreciate 0