View Single Post
      11-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #14
Aberle
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i Limited Edition MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I would give them a call back and explain that the $300 restriction was not explained to you, and ask for an exception or an alternate method you can pay them.

Charles
Yep, did just that. Unfortunately the salesman wasn't too accommodating regarding the exception, but at least he did silently provide support in passing along my request that the paypal transfer NOT be accepted, by which my credit card wasn't charged... avoiding me considerable trouble.

I wrote the ebay seller that sold me the M Performance Brake system in July, and he has since written me back giving me a very good price on the MPPSK though he does not have it in stock (He'd have to acquire it, but is willing). I've written a couple of other ebay sellers who seem willing to do the same.

All in all, I have not yet managed to complete a purchase, but at least things are moving forward a little faster than through the dealerships. One of the two I contacted on Monday through 3 different channels has not even replied yet! Overall I get the impression they are not too interested in closing deals.

This latest experience serves as a self-reminder of how much research and perseverance went into acquiring the brake system. The struggle is the glory as they say.-
Appreciate 0