Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i GT xdrive and 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsparker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
I wouldn't assume it's the shocks, it could be the motor isn't working. It may be opened by either the spring force or electrically.You want to be sure of what's broken before buying anything. https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...outer/EWJoJ9ji
I also should've added that occasionally I am able to press the button and it opens like it should. Probably 19 out of 20 times though it clicks and you can hear it try to raise up but it isn't able to open on its own without a boost.
I read through the link you sent and I still don't know how to check the other things that control the lifting of the hatchback.
What I do know is that it definitely unlatches and tries to lift (I can hear the motor), and successfully lifts all the way on its own after I give it a very slight boost after it unlatches. I don't know what to try first other than replace the shocks. I just can't find anything online about how to replace them or where to buy them. I've only found some on eBay that are used and most of them are in foreign countries.
I hate my hatchback not lifting. When I have my hands full and my key fob in my pocket, I can put my foot under the back bumper but it won't lift up on its own like it should. I always have to set everything down on the concrete and give it a boost before it will go up which defeats the purpose of having the hands free lifting of the hatchback. I don't even know where to take it to have somebody fix it even though I'm sure that will be so expensive.
Appreciate 0