View Single Post
      06-14-2021, 06:08 PM   #1
Onlybimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30, e92

N20 catch can and positive crankcase pressure

My engine is running perfectly fine. Very short OCI's, self maintained, 54k. So when I open my oil fill cap I feel a pretty substantial amount of positive pressure. If I try to pour some oil on with engine rubbing it will blow it away and make a mess. No smoke or vapor. I figured it was fine but today I went to check on the Mishimoto catch can. In warm weather I get very minimal, in cold I get tons of mostly condensation and fuel/oil blow by. Here's my concern: when I pop off hoses to and from the catch can, the "In" coming from valve cover is bone dry and the "out" going into intake piping is wet/oily with blowby. The "out" does have the brass filter before exiting. Is it possible the "in" & "out" labeling is wrong? The hose to the intake should be dry and the hose from the valve cover should be oily. Also is it normal for a lot of positive pressure to be exciting from the oil fill cap? I've had the catch can for over a year, these aren't new symptoms. No codes. Should I just order a new oem hose and go back to factory ccv system?
Appreciate 0