02-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #7
///MSport420
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D M SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brommy View Post
I'm yet to collect my car but I have researched how useful the surround view is. Based on the opinion of those who had it I would give it a rather unscientific mark of 8 out of 10. I read that it is useful for avoiding damage to alloys via kerbing and so, coupled with my gadget desire, I decided to specify it. Sorry, I don't know if it will accurately guide you in to a tight garage.

I also added park assist just because it was comparatively 'cheap' once the surround view was specced and it met 'gadget approval' (it steers by itself! ) My research of park assist showed it was reasonably accurate - provided the cars front and back were parked okay (if they are up on the kerb, you will end up on the kerb!). Unfortunately many opinions on forums regarding PA are clouded by mans insistence they don't need help to park*. I suspect this is true for most instances but I believe the system helps in particularly tight spots.

* a sensitive/over protective subject for many. Strange the same complaint is never aimed at cruise control and yet most are capable of driving at a steady speed - unaided.
i consider myself as a good driver..not bosting.lol but one day you will end up on a very tight spot and you are going to hurt those wheels..when you refurb them..still not gona be the same ...then you wish you paid for surround view..

most ppl go for adapt lights and adapt suspension but i prefer surround insted coz in my 10 years of driving i never used beam nor am planning to go on desert safari..m sport suspension are good enough for uk roads

Last edited by ///MSport420; 02-19-2014 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0