03-25-2014, 06:13 AM   #20
mynamesnotbob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordberg View Post
Great post.

I've got all this working already but the one thing that bugs me is the clunky nature of the Idrive interface.

eg - Currently playing a song by an artist. I want to quickly browse other albums by the same artist. You have to go all the way back to External Devices/USB/Music etc and then you can see all the other albums.

Unless I'm missing a quicker way...??
Yep, assuming you are on a different screen, selecting back should get you there.

If you are already in the media screen, just click right on the idrive knob to select the magnifying class and you are able to search again.

As already said it gets you back to the selection screen, not the last search - which can be frustrating, but that's just the way it works. I've never really had any car interface work better.

The other way is to assign the search function to a hot key, so no matter where you are you can get to it with a single keystroke.

But by far the easiest way is to use voice control. Press the voice control, and no matter where you are say "Select Artist", then say the artist, it then lists the albums, say the album you want, then select the track or say play selection.

No need to use the idrive knob or really look at the screen at all - I just use voice now. And that's the non singing and dancing voice control, just the regular one.

I want to code EBT and see if that gives better voice control on the Pro Nav, as it appears Pro Nav cars have the voice control AppID 23 (17) FSC Code already there. But I need to verify this.