View Single Post
      12-17-2017, 09:43 PM   #831
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

I'd like to know what their Labor rate is. I paid $187.85 for the exhaust install and $149.95 for the software update. It's been many years but when I worked at a Dealer they paid tech's and billed customers by book time not actual time spent on a job. The Master Tech's who could do a particular job extremely fast due to having done it a thousand times were paid the same amount of time for that particular job as an apprentice who was just learning the trade and would need more time to complete the job. Typically if the time guide paid one hour for a specific job a Master Tech would do it in a half hour and an apprentice might take two hours the first time they did the job, that didn't matter to the customer or the dealer because both party's knew going into the job how many hours would be billed, is this not still the case? The short version is why are Dealers not all charging the same to install MPPSK, I know for a fact that if for some reason they have to reinstall the software in a Warranty situation they will all get paid the same amount of time by BMW to do it and it won't have anything to do with how long it actually takes the Tech.