View Single Post
      09-06-2017, 08:02 AM   #9
bmw5858
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw 340i 2018

All i can say is... unfortunately the 6MT rage won't go away... I went from an Audi S5 manuel V6T to my 435i convertible 8AT.

I dont regret it, the 8AT is really nice, smooth and agressive when you want it. Some bug on quick down shift but meh, it's not a DCT. Planning on having kid, well trying to have one this winter haha so convertible will probable go away next summer.

I'm really planning on getting back a manual transmission! The feeling of driving is not the same.

Maybe if God can be good with me, i'll get a used M3 F80 2014-2015 with 6MT!

For performance parts, you should first just get a jb4. This will definitely make the car a whole new car.

Check at EXO performance in repentigny. The guy is amazing!! he made everything on my car, JB4, DP, CP, Intercooler, Coilspring. great price and great service! his name is Sebastien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
Thanks guys. I love it as well, but I hope the 6MT rage will go away, because its still very present.

Yep, a couple performance mods are in the books, but i'll tackle the break in period first. I have plenty to have fun with for now with the MPPSK. Intake / DP / CP might be it for this year tho. I'll see how the car reacts post-break in. Its gonna be a keeper (my kids already fight about who's gonna have it after me; and they cant even drive yet); so I dont want to end up with an oil burner. I take the break in very seriously, most of the time, Even if it pisses me off.

Always keep it below 4500 and under 90mph as per manual; but I cant help but letting go the engine brake every now and then; even if I shouldnt.
Appreciate 0