Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl_d
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
Don't think I'm going to bother with it actually. Test drove a 320d Sport today (WHAT A FANTASTIC CAR!!!!!!!!) and it was very comfortable with the standard setup and still stiff and sporty enough when it gets twisty! Plus its a £750 option.
Tell us more please...
Not to thread jack my own thread, but. WOW!!! Luxurious, comfortable, sporty, fun! I never stopped smiling! The 20d was so impressive too! What a pearling engine. The idle sound is a bit embarassing after getting out my 30d but on the move, its supreme!! I can't believe a 2.0L TD could be do awesome! If your budget is stretched for a larger engine, don't bother and load a 320d with toys. The fit and finish of everything is superb. There are no similarities to the E90 at all! Those who call it a facelift from the E90 are very foolish indeed. I WANT ONE AND I NEED ONE. 328i Loaded for me! The Sport Line, even with red leather isn't garish either.
The 8spd auto. WTF is that. HOW CAN IT BE SO GOOD?!?!?!?!?!?
Its.... perfect. Blends the changes in D and even with the 20d, DCT quick with the paddles. It never missed a beat and it was a thorough test. Even with the 18" alloys on, I won't be performing sudden manouvers to avoid a slight crack in the road surface. Comfy. The seats, the iDrive, the dials, the lights.. just everything!!!!!! I cannot find fault with it. My praise doesn't get higher than that.
After driving a 1st gen Lamborghini Gallardo and then the 320d, I know which one I would rather have. F30!! Although a 335i or 328i.
I'm so pleased to be in a position where I'm about to pull the trigger on a loaded 328i Luxury.
So, my advice. Get one. It's just unbelievable with that 8spd Auto.
I didn't want to get out!

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0